Giving Men a Voice is a two-year research study that will help Black and Latino gay and bisexual men living in New York City improve the quality of their lives.
How so? We will ask your opinion on issues like sexual health, your comfort discussing intimate needs with healthcare providers and their capacity to understand and respond to your needs.
Together, we will explore issues such as these:
• Masculinity and cultural influences on health
• Diverse perceptions on sexual well-being
• Providers’ cultural sensitivity to your sexual health needs
• Your level of comfort when talking about sexuality with medical providers
• Whether and how providers should ask about sexual history
To gain a complete picture of healthcare and wellness, we will also speak with health care providers. In doing so, we can uncover successes as well as areas that need improvement to better target health needs and well-being.
Note that our study is confidential. All photography on this site features models, and not actual study participants.